What Is Radon?
Radon is a cancer-causing, radioactive gas. You can't see, smell or taste radon, but it may be a problem in your home. Radon comes from the natural (radioactive) breakdown of uranium in soil, rock, and water and gets into the air you breathe. Radon can be found all over the U.S. and can get into any type of building, including homes, offices and schools. However, you and your family are most likely to get your greatest exposure at home, because that's where you spend most of your time. Radon typically moves up through the ground to the air above and into your home through cracks and other holes in the foundation. Any home, new or old, and in good or bad condition could be susceptible to radon problems. All SafeBasements™ waterproofing products can operate in conjunction with typical mitigation systems and products.
Radon is measured in picocuries per liter of air or "pCi/L." There are DIY test kits sold at local home improvement and hardware stores. However, the results may not be that accurate, and it may leave you feeling paranoid that the levels are actually higher than what the test told you. It's a much better idea to let our professionals come to your home to do the testing. It's fast, easy, and affordable.
If we find dangerous levels of this gas in your home, we can set up a radon removal system that will be able to connect to your SafeBasements™ waterproofing systems or devices. We can also provide you with crawl space mitigation services if this is the kind of area you have under your home, as well.
After the system has been installed, we will come out in a few weeks and test the air levels once again to make sure that they are safe for you and your family.
Give us a call today to schedule an appointment with our team. For more information about Radon gas, please visit the Minnesota Department of Health Website.